Friday, January 2, 2009

This is my first blog post so I will give you a bit of history as to how I got to this point.

A while back a friend of mine showed me a cute tote bag she had made in an unusual manner. It was at that moment I discovered rag quilting. I already knew how to sew (since 9th grade Home Ec) and I was already selling on ebay so I thought this might be fun. I started with simple flat totes, learned how to do throws and quilts and bags with gussets. I had tried regular quilting once upon a time, but never really got into it. Now I can combine my love of fabrics and putting prints and colors together with the fun of sewing rag quilts.

My favorite fabric for raggies is anything with roses. I love the Shabby Chic/Cottage Chic/Romantic look. I've also just started doing some strip pieced quilts with the blocks joined raggy style. These quilts are so much fun!

I also make and sell non-raggy totes. The fabric is quilted to fusible fleece interfacing and the totes are quite sturdy.

In addition to sewing, I take care of a housefull of cats that originated as foster cats for a local adoption group. When these guys didn't get adopted I kept them. It's a zoo, but I love them all.

I'm hoping to keep you up to date on current projects and the zany actions of my zoo.

3 comments:

  1. Barbara, I love your new blog. Good Luck! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, you are such an inspiration for me. I finally worked on my blog today. I like your photos better than mine. I don't know exactly what I did, but mine are much, much, larger than yours. I got caught up with adding gadgets to mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This looks awesome! I can't believe you just started the blog! Don't forget to add an etsy mini http://www.etsy.com/mini_generator.php

    and an ebay widgit
    http://togo.ebay.com/

    Hope this helps!

    I love your Victorian Roses quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!