Sunday, September 12, 2010

BABY CLOTHES RAG QUILT

I finally finished the first rag quilt I've ever made from baby clothes. It was definitely a challenge since most baby clothes these days are knits, but it was a fun challenge. I used a featherweight fusible interfacing to stabilize the knits and bordered each block with cotton fabric. There's flannel in the middle with more cotton on the back. I only hope my customer is half as pleased with it as I am.


Close up of quilt - I used a combination of solid and pieced blocks.

Close up of pieced block showing the cotton borders.
I'm now working on another one using similar baby clothes and a yellow border and back. So whatcha' think? Do you think maybe other people would be interested in an heirloom quilt like this?

5 comments:

  1. It is beyond GORGEOUS! You did an outstanding job creating a family keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I love this idea for old baby clothes. Now to figure out if I should make 1 with all the baby clothes I have from 3 boys or try to make 3 of them.

    Thanks for sharing. Your yellow one turned out beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!