Sunday, November 8, 2009

NOVEMBER IN HOUSTON

I just wanted to take a minute to share a picture I took this morning of this beautiful hibiscus out on the deck. As much as I lament the lack of seasons here in southeast Texas, there are advantages to having mild weather so late in the year. The trees are still green and the flowers are still blooming. There's still plenty of time for those sudden cold fronts that shock everyone into their coats, but right now it's pretty darn nice. For those folks where it's already snowed or just cold, I'm sorry, but I have to say it -

NEENER, NEENER, NEENER!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little further north than you but we are still getting some beautiful blooms on flowers here too. The rose bushes are full and the lantana is covered up with lots of pretty blooms and butterflies. One of my hibiscus has a bud and I hope it gets to bloom before that dreaded first frost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!