Friday, September 4, 2009

LEVELING OF THE HOUSE

Well, we are on the second day of the adventure I call "The Leveling of the House". I'll do the full story in a few days, complete with pictures. Needless to say it's been a real experience for me and the kitties. Having a house filled with men, dust, dirt and flies hasn't been fun, but the crew has been gracious and very helpful and all my many questions have been answered to my satisfaction. At about 10:15 today the house was pronounced level. The vast majority of the cracks are now closed and all but one door closes properly. That one just needs to be lowered a bit because the frame itself is out of whack. The crew should be out of my hair and my house early this afternoon and then the clean-up begins. Since the cost of this repair has depleted my vacation funds, I'll spend my time patching cracks and getting the house back to normal.

To compound things, my refrigerator went out on Wednesday. I ran out to Sears and purchased a new one which will be delivered today. Hopefully they will be able to get in the kitchen to hook it up. I thought the foundation crew would be done yesterday, but . . .

I'll be back with lots of pictures as I wanted to document this process. It's interesting and lots of very hard, physical work for the crew.

4 comments:

  1. Glad the leveling is over for you, Barbara, and hope you still have some energy to clean up the mess. Will be anxious to see your pics. Let's see the new frig. too!

    Did you have to crate the cats during all of this commotion??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when they had this done in a building I was working in, what a mess. You poor thing, and the cats. I bet you are glad that is over with. I looked forward to the clean up, that ordeal was over. Get some rest and try not to stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the leveling is done for you and hope you don't wear yourself out on the clean-up. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad the project was a success! Take your time getting things back to normal...with lots of ICED tea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!