Friday, May 4, 2012

LEFTOVERS QUILT

The lady for whom I made the previous three quilts asked me to make a fourth since there were enough leftovers. I did the same four-patch treatment as the other quilts. She asked me to put the bird appliques from the girl's bedding as feature blocks and so I used two blocks from the boy's flannel blanket to balance the birds. I couldn't find any more of the yellow fabric I used on the previous three quilts so I used fabric that was just a bit lighter. I think it looks great!



Here's a close up of the center of the quilt with the feature blocks. The birds add a really whimsical touch to the quilt.


Again, I alternated the girl and boy blocks in the entire quilt. Another fun project finished and in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!