Sunday, March 28, 2010

BACK TO SEWING, AT LAST!

A few days ago I finally fired up the ole sewing machine and got down to making totes. The first uses charm squares from MODA - these are called Rural Jardin by French General. I love the classic French floral designs in these great colors. I lined the tote with a cream tone on tone print. I'm thinking of listing this one on Etsy so, if you're interested, keep an eye out.



The second tote is made using charm squares from the Glory collection by Kathy Schmitz LLC for MODA. I combined the patriotic print squares with squares of recycled denim for real down-home American style. The lining is a deep red tone-on-tone tiny floral print. This is the third tote I've made from this collection and I think I'm gonna have to make one for me! It's perfect for all those casual outfits. Although this particular tote is already spoken for, if you want one, let me know.


I have one more set of charm squares ready to sew up into a tote. They are from the Kashmir IV collection by Sentimental Studios for MODA. If you are familiar with the Kashmir collections, you know that they are lovely paisley prints and this particular one is in pale pinks, blues and greens. The tote will have a pale green lining and pale pink straps. I should have a pic posted in the next couple of days.

Along with sewing I've been taking advantage of the great weather we've been having to do some yardwork. There is something very theraputic about pulling weeds and trimming shrubs, don'tcha' think?

1 comment:

  1. Both are beautiful, Barbara. You do great work, and I love the way you designed the placement. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!